- Information you provide
We may collect information directly from you when you provide us with personal information, e.g. when you register for prize draws or competitions, sign up to receive information, use applications, buy a product or service from us, fill out a survey, or make a comment or enquiry. The types of information we may collect from you directly include:
- Contact and identification information, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth and driver’s license number;
- Payment information, such as your payment card number an expiration date;
- Demographic information, such as your age, gender, income range and occupation;
- Login and access credentials, such as your username and password for Alchem’s websites, or social media ID’s;
- Information about your Alchem purchases, returns and exchanges, including warranty and rebate information;
- Information you include in your communications with us;
- User-generated content posted to the Site, such as photographs and product reviews; and
- Any other information you voluntarily provide to us.
- Information we collect automatically when you use the Site
- Information about the type of browser you use;
- Details of the web pages you have viewed;
- IP address; *The hyperlinks you have clicked;
- Your username, profile picture, gender, networks and any other information you choose to share when using Third Party Sites (such as when you use the “Like” functionality on Facebook or the +1 functionality on Google+);
- The websites you visited before arriving at the Site; and
- Your buying behavior related to products purchased through our Site.
- Information we collect from other sources
We may receive personal information about you from other sources if you have given permission for that information to be shared. This may include information from commercially available sources such as public databases and data aggregators, and information from third parties. We may supplement the information we collect about you through the Site with such information from third parties in order to enhance our ability to serve you, to tailor our content for you and/or to offer you opportunities to purchase products or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
- Name age and address;
- Shopping habits;
- Preferences and information about your lifestyle such as your hobbies and interests; and
- Publicly available information such as user-generated content, blogs and postings, as permitted by law.
Use of Information
We may use your personal information collected by us to:
- Improve our products and your experience on the Site;
- Evaluate the use of the Site, as well as its products and services;
- Analyze the effectiveness of our advertisements, competitions and promotions;
- Personalize your website experience, as well as to evaluate (anonymously and in the aggregate) statistics on website activity, such as what time you visited it, whether you have visited it before and which site referred you to it;
- Make the Site easier to use and to better tailor the Site and our products to your interests and needs;
- Help speed up your future activities and experience on the Site – for example, the Site can recognize that you have provided your personal information and will not request the same information a second time;
- Collect information about the device you are using to view the Site, such as your IP address or the type of Internet browser or operating system you are using, and link this to your personal information so as to ensure that the Site presents the best web experience for you;
- To contact you regarding products and services which may be of interest to you, provided you have given us consent to do so, or you have previously requested a product or service from us and the communication is relevant or related to that prior request and made within any timeframes established by applicable laws;
- Offer you the opportunity to take part in competitions or promotions;
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- Respond to your queries or comments; and
- Process applications and transactions.
Where we collect personal information for a specific purpose, we will not keep it for longer than is necessary to fulfill that purpose, unless we have to keep it for a legitimate business activity or legal reasons. Please note that in order to protect information from accidental or malicious destruction, when we delete information from our services we may not immediately delete residual copies from our servers or remove information from our backup systems.
Most internet browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can change the settings to block cookies or to alert you when cookies are being sent to your device. If you disable the cookies however, this may impact your experience on the Site.
Sharing of information
As a general rule, we do not share your personal information with any third party. However, we may share your personal information with trusted third parties, such as:
- Our advertising, marketing and promotional agencies to help us deliver and analyze the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns and promotion;
- Third parties required to deliver a product or service to you, such as a delivery or postal service delivering a product that you have ordered;
- Law enforcement or government authorities where they have followed due legal process to request us to disclose the information;
- Third parties who wish to send you information about their products and services, but only if you have given us consent to do so;
- Third party service providers which provide services to Company such as data analysis firms, customer support specialists, email vendors, web hosting companies and fulfilment companies (e.g., companies that coordinate mailings); and
- Our affiliates and other divisions in our company.
The Company restricts authorized access to your personal information to those persons who have a legitimate purpose to know that information to provide products or services to you, and those persons who are authorized to have access to such information. Our Site maintains stringent security measures in place to protect against the loss, unauthorized use, disclosure, destruction and/or alteration of the information under our control. Despite these safeguards, however, due to inherent uncertainty in the use of the Internet and information systems, and the potential unlawful attacks by third parties, we cannot absolutely ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us.
Transfer of information
Information we collect and use may be transferred, stored and accessed globally to support our operations.
We provide all users with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving non-essential (promotional, marketing-related) communications from us on behalf of our partners, and from us in general. Any direct marketing communications that we send to you will provide you with the information and means necessary to opt out of receiving such communications.
Your privacy rights, choice and access
If you wish to modify, verify, correct, delete, or update any of your personal information collected through the Site, you may edit your profile preferences or contact us in relation to the same. In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain personal information you have submitted through the Site. We are under no obligation to store such personal information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such personal information.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, please contact us in relation to the same. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Changes and policy updates
If you have questions or concerns regarding your privacy, please contact Company directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.